Your privacy is important to SATA CommHealth.
Your personal information given through online registration, appointment making forms, feedback forms or any other communication channel within the site will be kept strictly confidential.
Information collected is shared only with our authorised staff, for the purpose of providing better services. For example, our staff may contact you to confirm your appointment details.
We may make use of “cookies” on our websites to store and track information such as the number of users and their frequency of use, profiles of users and their online preferences. Cookies do not capture information which would personally identify you, but the information collected may be used to assist us in analysing the usage of our websites and to improve your online experience with us. You can disable the cookies by changing the setting on your browser. However, this may affect the functionality of our websites.
Personal Data Protection Statement
- SATA CommHealth is committed to ensuring that your personal data is well protected. SATA CommHealth is fully committed to implementing and complying with the provisions of the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“Act”), and its related requirements. This statement is set out here to explain the procedures and systems in place to comply with the Act, in respect to personal data as defined in the act.
- The collection, use and disclosure of your personal data, which will be obtained directly from you, or information we obtain as a result of our relationship with you, may include but is not limited to the following purposes, within or outside of Singapore:
a. To render medical services and meeting your healthcare needs within SATA CommHealth.
b. To transfer or share your data with other members of SATA CommHealth or third-party vendors engaged by us for the purpose of rendering medical care to you.
c. To communicate with your company or personal insurance for claims, reinsurance and compliance/audit purposes pertaining to your care.
d. To respond to your enquiries, provide you advice and services to ensure continuity of care.
e. When you access our website or attend our events.
f. When you apply for a role in SATA CommHealth.
g. To enter into, manage or terminate an employment relationship when you work for SATA.
h. To process tax benefits submission to IRAS on your behalf when you make a donation.
i. To process your application to be a volunteer in SATA, and facilitate your volunteer opportunities.
j. Where consent for the collection, use or disclosure cannot be obtained, and is of vital interest to the individual, or legitimate interest to SATA, or any other provisions in the PDPA, the organisation shall collect, use or disclose personal data pursuant to exceptions under the PDPA First and Second Schedules of the PDPA Act 2012, or as required/authorised under any other written law.
k. To acknowledge your name on our physical and electronic public communications when you donate more than $5,000, and only if you give us permission to publish your name
- SATA CommHealth will endeavour to collect only what is necessary for the purpose of its intended collection.
- SATA CommHealth will not use the personal data collected for any purpose other than which it was collected for. Should SATA CommHealth require any personal data in its possession to be used for a purpose other than those for which consent was originally given, fresh consent will be sought in order to use the data for that new purpose.
- All personal data collected by SATA CommHealth shall only be accessible by designated parties on a need-to-know basis to serve the purpose for which the data was collected. Such parties shall observe strict confidentiality at all times. In the event personal data is disclosed to third parties, such third parties will be assessed with regards to their ability to observe confidentiality at all times and to use the personal data only for the purpose for which it was disclosed to them.
- In the course of processing personal data for the above purposes, SATA CommHealth may disclose such personal data to third parties within or outside Singapore. These third parties include:- (a) governmental organisations or authorities to whom SATA CommHealth is required by law to disclose the data; (b) individuals who are legally entitled to the data; (c) third parties who require the data in order to process and operate programmes in which a patient/customer/individual intends to participate; (d) third parties who provide SATA CommHealth with data processing, administration, health, insurance or legal services, or other professional or management services; and (e) such other persons as may reasonably be appropriate in the circumstances of the collection of personal data. Disclosure to third parties outside Singapore shall only be to organisations that are required or undertake to process the data with a comparable level of data protection as that required under Singapore law.
- SATA CommHealth will retain personal data for as long as it is necessary to serve the purpose for which it has been collected. Once the data in SATA CommHealth’s possession is no longer necessary to serve the purpose for which it was collected, the data will be destroyed or anonymised in a secure manner.
- Please note that in order for us to render medical services to meet your healthcare needs, or any other forms of engagement, it may be necessary for us to process your personal data. Without a complete record of your information provide by you voluntarily, it will affect our capacity to accomplish our purposes stated above.
- We endeavour to take reasonable protection measures to ensure that your personal data that we collect and/or process are accurately reflected in our system in accordance with the details provided by you and protected from any unauthorized access. Therefore, the accuracy of the personal data depends to a large extent upon the information you provide. If there is any error or omission in the personal data you have provided to SATA CommHealth, please write to our Data Protection Officer with the necessary details for correction of your data. If any personal data you have provided to Data Protection Officer becomes inaccurate, please contact our Data Protection Officer to update your data. Any submission or collection of personal data to or from SATA CommHealth on behalf of another individual by you, SATA CommHealth deems that you have notified the individual of the purpose and have received their consent before your submission or collection.
- SATA CommHealth has put in place measures to ensure the protection of data in its possession against unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or other risks.
- SATA CommHealth has appointed a Data Protection Officer to handle matters relating to personal data protection, queries, concerns, good data handling practices and to ensure SATA CommHealth complies with the Act and implements the required policies. Should you need to contact the Data Protection Officer, the contact details are indicated below.
- If you would like to inquire about SATA CommHealth personal data protection practices, withdraw or limit your consent on your personal data, access your personal data, correct your existing data with us, or withdraw your consent for SATA CommHealth to use your information, you may approach our clinic staff at SATA CommHealth to obtain the request form or you may address your concerns to:
a.Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
b. Mailing Address: Data Protection Officer
Quality & Innovation Office
SATA CommHealth Headquarters
351 Chai Chee Street
All requests to be made in person or via email and the relevant copy of documents are required:
- For change of name, patient/customer shall provide NRIC, deed poll or marriage certificate.
- For changes in NRIC/FIN/Passport/Unique Identifier No., patient/customer shall provide the NRIC/FIN/Passport/Employment Card.
- For withdrawal of consent to use, disclose or process your personal data necessary for SATA to provide you services or engagement of various natures (which may include medical services, employment, application for a role in SATA, volunteer work, donation tax benefit submission, and the likes; SATA will respect your decision and will stop using, disclosing and processing your personal data. SATA will not be able to continue to provide services or engagement thereafter. However, please understand that your withdrawal of consent for purposes necessary to SATA providing you services or engagement of various nature may carry legal or practical consequences, which will continue to apply.
Administrative charges apply.
Any submission of personal data to SATA on behalf of another individual by you, SATA deems that you have notified the individual of the purpose and have received their consent before your submission.
13. This Statement may be updated from time to time to take account of changes in policy, technology, and/or to ensure compliance with any legislative changes.
[Last update – October 2022]
SATA CommHealth reserves the right to amend this policy at any time.
General Terms and Conditions
Your access and use of the site and services will bind you to the terms and conditions of use. If you DO NOT AGREE to the terms and conditions of use of this site, please do not proceed to use this site.
We may modify the terms & conditions at any time and any modifications made to the agreement will be in effect immediately when the modification is posted on this site.
The Information and services on SATA CommHealth website are only meant for educational use only. It should not be regarded as substitute for detailed medical advice, treatment or diagnosis. It is not a substitute for professional care.
As a user of this website, you assume full responsibility for using the information on this site, and that you understand and agree that SATA CommHealth is not responsible or liable for any claim, loss or damage resulting from its use by any user. SATA CommHealth also does not make any warranty or guarantee that service will be uninterrupted, timely, and secure or error-free.
Copyright and Trademark Issues
All trademarks, logos, images used in this website are the property of SATA CommHealth and/or third-party members identified in the website. Under no circumstances, unless a written consent notice, are users allowed to copy or use any of the content and services here for commercial/personal gain.