Data Collection and Use
We collect and use your personal data through the SATA App and other modes of communication such as e-mail, telephone, text or otherwise:
- to provide our services to meet your healthcare, employee or insurance healthcare benefit needs. This includes verifying your identity, responding to, handling and processing queries, requests, applications and feedback from you, processing payment and notifying you when updates to the SATA App and/or our services are available
- to customise and improve our services to make your experience more secure and convenient. This may include improving the quality of our services through quality reviews, data analytics and research
- where you have consented to us creating awareness of our services which may include promotional messages, newsletters, e-mails etc.
- to comply with any applicable laws, regulations, guidelines or assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental or regulatory authority and
- for any other purposes you have provided the information
We only collect personal data considered reasonably necessary for these purposes. Such data may be provided to us by you directly or via a third party such as your employer or insurer authorised by you to disclose your personal data.
Should you choose to access and/or use the SATA App and/or our services, we may require you to provide contact and identity information, medical history and other personal data as indicated on our forms. Examples of personal data which may be collected from you include:
- your name, identification number on your passport, NRIC or FIN, residential and delivery address, e-mail address, telephone number, nationality, gender and date of birth
- personally identifiable information which you provide to us such as records relating to your medical or health history, health status, laboratory testing results, biometric measurements and diagnostic images and
- other information which you may input into the SATA App or provide to us pursuant to our provision of our services
We will maintain a file about you and your use of the SATA App and our services. We will collect, use and retain the data in your file, and such other data that we may obtain from time to time in connection with your current and past activities on the SATA App; for as long as the purpose for which the data is collected continues or where otherwise necessary for legal purposes or the purposes of our normal business operations.
We may also look across multiple users to identify problems, and in particular, we may examine your personal data to identify users using multiple user-IDs or aliases. We may also compare and review your personal data for errors, omissions or accuracy.
Under certain circumstances, we may require financial information from you. We will use your financial information, including credit card information or online payment system account information, to verify the accuracy of your name, address, and other information for billing purposes.
We may track certain information based upon your use of the SATA App. We use this information to do internal research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behaviour to better understand, protect and serve our users in general. This information may include information about the computer or mobile device you are using, and your IP address, site activity, browser type, connection speed, access times and physical location.
Sharing / Disclosure to Third Parties
As a matter of policy, your personal data will not be shared or disclosed to third parties for whatever purpose without your consent. However, we reserve the right to disclose your personal data to:
- our third party service providers including independent contracting doctors providing the services to you, any third party service provider which hosts or manages data from the SATA App, credit, debit and charge card companies, banks or other entities processing payment instructions given by you through the SATA App, auditors, any other agents or subcontractors acting for and, on our behalf
- your employer, medical providers, insurers and/or other relevant parties who may assist with registration with the relevant healthcare services and/or facilitate the processing of your claims for medical care and/or utilisation of your healthcare and/or employee and/or insurance healthcare benefit needs; and/or
- government or regulatory authorities (including the Ministry of Health, Singapore) to the extent required in the normal course and scope of our business in the provision of our services where required by applicable law, statute, regulatory or governmental order or court order, and/or where we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect your safety or the safety of others, or our rights, or investigate fraud.
The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us, pursuant to your employment contract, has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter.
We may also disclose your anonymised data to data analytic platforms, technical support providers, and delivery service providers.
If you use or agree to the use of our services pursuant to your healthcare and/or employee and/or insurance healthcare benefit plan, you authorise SATA to share basic identification and, where necessary, medical data, including information relating to your diagnosis, referral, management and treatment with your employer, medical provider(s) and insurer(s) and their respective related companies and/or other relevant parties who may process or facilitate the processing of your claims for medical care and/or utilisation of your healthcare and/or employee and/or insurance healthcare benefit needs and consent to and authorise any of them to share the same with any relevant party for the purposes of processing or facilitating the processing of your claims for medical care and/or utilisation of your healthcare and/or employee and/or insurance healthcare benefit needs. You further acknowledge that you are financially responsible for all charges not covered under your health plan and/or employment and/or insurance policies.
Your privacy is important to us. We have put in place reasonable security arrangements, equivalent to industry standard, to protect your privacy and personal data, in such manner and extent deemed reasonably appropriate to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks.
Your personal data is stored on SATA’s servers located within our premises or those of its data service providers. We will use such procedural and technical safeguards as we consider reasonably necessary to protect your privacy and personal data against loss, theft and unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal. We will also employ such security techniques considered appropriate, to reasonably protect data against loss, theft, and unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal by users inside and outside SATA.
SATA’s employees are required, as a condition of their employment, to treat personal data held by SATA as confidential, and to maintain the confidentiality of that personal data.
No Recording of Teleconsultation
Any recording – audio or video – of the teleconsultation, in whole or in part, by either the administrator, patient or doctor is strictly prohibited.
Accessing and Updating your Data
Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org If you wish to access, update or otherwise change or remove any personal data that you provided for SATA’s use. However, if you remove any personal data, which is necessary for us to provide you with appropriate care, our provision of services to you may be impeded or deficient. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data that is required under applicable laws.
Last updated: 11 January 2022